Dan Ariely, a behavioural economist and professor at Duke University, broke the Internet when he declared, “Big data is like teenage sex: everyone talks about it, nobody really knows how to do it, everyone thinks everyone else is doing it, so everyone claims they are doing it”. Social Innovation is no different. Very few people know what they are talking about when they refer to social innovation. Too many people think it is for everyone or that it is only about generating ‘social good’. In this session, I will break down what is social innovation and how it has transformed the world of business, and how it will transform the future of business.
Key Take Aways
- What is social innovation
- How do we generate the conditions that support social innovation
- What are the business opportunities for social innovation
- How do you identify a social innovation
- Common misunderstandings of social innovation