Attendees will have an opportunity to learn about the Toronto Women’s Podcasting Network (TWPN), a group that has been “on hiatus” for a while but is being rebooted. Presenters Hilary Martin and Lori Beckstead will facilitate small group discussions followed by a whole group discussion to share the insight in the room. How can we promote and activate the work of women and women-identified podcasters in Toronto? What role can the TWPN play in Toronto’s podcasting community? What are our specific needs as podcasters, and how can the TWPN help fulfil those needs? What type of events might the TWPN host to celebrate and support women podcasters?
Key Take Aways
- What the Toronto Women's Podcasting Network (TWPN) is
- Current stats on women in podcasting, as producers and consumers
- How to help shape the direction and activities of the TWPN
- How to connect to a network of Toronto women and women-identified podcasters and those interested in podcasting
- What the needs of their peers are in the podcasting community, and ways to give and gain support