We all have well-established scripts or beliefs about the world. For most of us, get into a habit of downloading existing scripts and rarely do we search out new scripts. A Disruptive Conversations is a conversation that changes the scripts people continuously draw upon or download. It is a conversation that changes the way people see an understand the world. In this session, I will explore some insights on good interviewing, asking powerful questions, and getting people to feel safe enough to share some of their most vulnerable moments. In my podcast, I interview people who are trying to disrupt sectors and systems. I have learned a lot about interviewing, asking questions and navigating disruptive conversations. Of the near, 100 interviews I have done, I will share some of the lessons I have learned about the Art of the Disruptive Conversation.
Key Take Aways
- What is a disruptive conversation.
- How to ask better questions.
- How to make people feel comfortable during a difficult or disruptive conversation.
- Why do people hold on to their beliefs, and how we might change their minds.
- Tips for getting people to share vulnerable moments.